NBO calculations using gamess in mac os

NBO calculations using gamess in mac os

Postby shivalingaswamy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:40 am

I am a new user of gamess. I have installed gamesQ in my Apple mac book air. I was able to optimise the coordinates of the molecule. But in the log file I don't find any info regarding NBO calculations even though I have included it in the input file. Please let me know what should I do?
shivalingaswamy

Re: NBO calculations using gamess in mac os

Postby ericg » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:42 am

GamessQ is just a queuing system for GAMESS. Presumably you've installed GAMESS also.

What about NBO? NBO isn't distributed with GAMESS. Have you acquired a copy of NBO6?

Eric
ericg

Postby shivalingaswamy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:36 am

Dear Eric
I have acquired NBO6 which works correctly on linux platform and using the same on Mac OS. Is there a different version of NBO for Mac OS?. I have set the correct path in rungms of gamess and included for NBO calculation in input file. Is there a manual/procedure sheet available for NBO calculations using Mac OS? If so kindly let me know where it is available.
With regards
Dr. T. Shivalingaswamy
shivalingaswamy

Postby ericg » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:06 am

Whether NBO6 runs under OSX depends on the distribution you have.

If you have the source distribution, you can build NBO6 on your Mac and use the executables with GAMESS. But if using a binary distribution you need nbo6.0-bin-osx-x86_64. The linux binary distribution (nbo6.0-bin-linux-x86_64) won't work with OSX.

Eric
ericg

Postby shivalingaswamy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:08 am

Is there a different nbo6 for Mac os. In fact I have acquired the one that works on Linux. If it is different for Mac os, then how to get nbo6 for Mac os high Sierra.?
shivalingaswamy

Postby ericg » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 pm

Yes, there are separate binary distributions for linux and MacOS (OSX). See the order page on the NBO6 website. Source distributions work for linux, OSX, and Windows.

Eric
ericg

Return to NBO Installation