Problems ubuntu linux in the NBO6 in Gamess

Problems ubuntu linux in the NBO6 in Gamess

Postby glaucio » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:51 am

Dear Members!

I am trying to install ubuntu linux in the NBO6 in Gamess. When making the GAMESS.00.X the executable binding step to recognize the biário the NBO6 are experiencing the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(keylist.o)' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(mpi.o)' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(nbhost.o)' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(utils.o)' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(ffinp.o)' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(gmsnbo.o): In function `nbretrn_':
gmsnbo.for:(.text+0x3ae): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(gmsnbo.o): In function `nbdlscf_':
gmsnbo.for:(.text+0x3ab4): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(gmsnbo.o): In function `nbfetch_':
gmsnbo.for:(.text+0x561c): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(gmsnbo.o): In function `nbrspnd_':
gmsnbo.for:(.text+0x8e33): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(gmsnbo.o): In function `runnbo_':
gmsnbo.for:(.text+0x9316): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(mpi.o): In function `nbsendi_':
mpi.for:(.text+0xb0): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(mpi.o): In function `nbsendc_':
mpi.for:(.text+0xa56): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(utils.o): In function `nbhalt_':
utils.for:(.text+0xca): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(utils.o): In function `nbi2c_':
utils.for:(.text+0xae0): undefined reference to `halt_'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(utils.o): In function `nbwrit_':
utils.for:(.text+0x102d): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write'
utils.for:(.text+0x114e): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write'
utils.for:(.text+0x119c): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write'
utils.for:(.text+0x11c4): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write'
utils.for:(.text+0x11ed): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write'
utils.for:(.text+0x1220): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(utils.o):utils.for:(.text+0x1242): more undefined references to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write' follow
utils.for:(.text+0x13b3): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real_write'
utils.for:(.text+0x13fe): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real_write'
utils.for:(.text+0x1427): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real_write'
utils.for:(.text+0x1450): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real_write'
utils.for:(.text+0x1483): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real_write'
/home/glaucio/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(utils.o):utils.for:(.text+0x14a9): more undefined references to `_gfortran_transfer_real_write' follow
utils.for:(.text+0x1a5c): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Could someone give suggestions? I've tried to use a version of the Linux 32-bit and the same error occurs.

Awaiting return
glaucio

Re: Problems ubuntu linux in the NBO6 in Gamess

Postby glaucio » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:50 pm

When evaluating the same gfortran compiler 4.6 and 32-bit ubuntu system, the following error was found:

user@user-desktop:~/gamess2$ ./lked > lked.log
/home/user/nbo6/bin/gmsnbo.i4.a(utils.o): In function `nbi2c_':
utils.for:(.text+0xae0): undefined reference to `halt_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
glaucio

Re: Problems ubuntu linux in the NBO6 in Gamess

Postby glaucio » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Problem solved. Gamess program compiled and linked to NBO6. This was possible after the review referred 16 / Jan / 2016.
Thanks to NBO support staff.
glaucio

Return to NBO Installation